The 63rd Sydney Film Festival announced the Foxtel Movies Audience Awards, with winner for best narrative feature going to Mustang directed by Deniz Gamze Ergüven; and winner for best documentary to Zach’s Ceremony directed by Aaron Petersen.
The 63rd Sydney Film Festival Foxtel Movies Audience Awards are Sydney Film Festival’s people’s choice awards, and reflect the most popular films at the Festival.
Foxtel Movies Audience Award for Best Narrative Feature Top Five:
1. Mustang, directed by Deniz Gamze Ergüve
2. Land of Mine, directed by Martin Zandvliet
3. Teenage Kicks, directed by Craig Boreham
4. Being 17, directed by André Téchiné
5. Closet Monster, directed by Stephen Dunn
Foxtel Movies Audience Award for Best Documentary Top Five:
1. Zach’s Ceremony, directed by Aaron Petersen
2. Constance on the Edge, directed by Belinda Mason
3. The Music of Strangers: Yo-Yo Ma and The Silk Road Ensemble, directed by Morgan Neville
4. American Epic: Out of the Many, The One, directed by Bernard MacMahon
5. The Baulkham Hills African Ladies Troupe, directed by Ros Horin