The Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences today announced that the field of Documentary Short Subject contenders for the 83rd Academy Awards® has been narrowed to eight films, of which three to five will earn Oscar® nominations.
Voters from the Academy’s Documentary Branch viewed this year’s 30 eligible entries and submitted their ballots to PricewaterhouseCoopers for tabulation.
The eight films are listed below in alphabetical order by title, with their production company.
- “Born Sweet,” Cynthia Wade Productions
- “Killing in the Name,” Moxie Firecracker Films
- “Living for 32,” Cuomo Cole Productions
- “One Thousand Pictures: RFK’s Last Journey,” Lichen Films
- “Poster Girl,” Portrayal Films
- “Strangers No More,” Simon & Goodman Picture Company
- “Sun Come Up,” Sun Come Up, LLC
- “The Warriors of Qiugang,” Thomas Lennon Films, Inc.
The 83rd Academy Awards nominations will be announced live on Tuesday, January 25, 2011, at 5:30 a.m. PT in the Academy’s Samuel Goldwyn Theater.
Academy Awards for outstanding film achievements of 2010 will be presented on Sunday, February 27, 2011, at the Kodak Theatre at Hollywood & Highland Center®, and televised live by the ABC Television Network. The Oscar presentation also will be televised live in more than 200 countries worldwide.