Seven screenwriters have been selected as winners of the 26th annual Don and Gee Nicholl Fellowships in Screenwriting, presented by the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences.
The 2011 Nicholl Fellows are (listed alphabetically by author):
- Chris Bessounian & Tianna Langham, Los Angeles, Calif., “Guns and Saris”
- Dion Cook, Altus, Okla., “Cutter”
- John MacInnes, Los Angeles, Calif., “Outside the Wire”
- Matthew Murphy, Culver City, Calif., “Unicorn”
- Abel Vang & Burlee Vang, Fresno, Calif., “The Tiger’s Child”
Each writer (or writing team) will receive a $30,000 prize, the first installment of which will be distributed at a gala dinner in Beverly Hills on November 3.